Illusion of normal state of being

So I started my carnivore experiment about 6 weeks ago and felt sluggish for about two weeks. Got nausea from all the fat and had increased craving for salt. After the early adaptation issues I saw increase in my energy levels, some what less depression and on few days I felt extremely happy for no particular reason, regular headaches were gone, chronic upper back pain is almost gone, bloating gone, gas gone, diarrhea gone, constipation gone.On holidays I visited on my relatives a lot and due to the social pressure from my wife and others I ended up eating carbs. Although I tried to limit them to the amount I felt wouldn’t cause social issues. I started to feel more tired over the next few days and got bloated again. Today I woke up with a severe headache maybe due eating some sugar yesterday. I also feel really depressed. Then I realized that this is how I used to feel in general aka my normal state of well being on “normal healthy balanced diet”. Honestly this was quite shocking discovery for me.I started the carnivore diet because I thought there is something wrong in way at least us westners live. It cannot be that we have to struggle through our everyday lives, procrastine, feel depressed and use drugs to feel happiness and joy. Those cannot be just common personality traits, pure laziness or the normal state of being. Too many people I know and care about is just unhappy with their lives even though on paper they should be the happiest/wealthiest/luckiest people on planet.Everybody who have realized I have changed my eating habits is saying that what I am doing is extremely unhealthy and I should be back on balanced diet and eating 5-6 times a day. When I tell that I actually have felt good after the change they will say that “yeah but what about the long term effects?”. Why is it that it doesn’t matter if I feel healthy now or better yet I cannot remember a day I had felt this healthy?What I am trying to say here is that don’t give in for the social pressure. I am not saying that this diet is right for everybody or even for me but experiment as long as you think you need to. Broke out from the norm and see if you can find what you are looking for.



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2BPjgJt
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...