A confession and an appeal for advice

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie carnivore here and will outline my voyage here before getting into the details.I am suffering from CTCL, it’s a skin condition in the cancer spectrum that I’ve had for 15+ years but has lately flared up and for the first time in my life is looking real bad. It has taken over my entire right arm up to my elbow whereas it was limited to my hip region up to now.I stumbled across Mikaela Peterson’s interview with Joe Rogan and decided to try out an all beef diet for three months in order to see if there is a metabolic cause of my condition. I consulted with my endocrinologist and she got onboard relatively quickly (not sure if I just effectively pursued her or if she doesn’t see the harm but anyway….). I am now on week three of beef, salt, water and red wine, exclusively. I plan on cutting out the red wine after new year’s as well.Problem is my appetite. It’s simply insatiable. I’ve upped my fat intake, started making bone broth and eating soups with thinly sliced meat thrown in after the soup comes off the stove, pan-seared steaks and meat of all sorts but I was still feeling hungry. To give you guys an example, I would sometimes go through 2.5 kg of meat in a day and I’m 6'1, 92kg.Today I asked my butcher for some meat to “make steak tartare” and he sold me a nice cut of tenderloin along with my regular order of about 10 kg of beef. I met my parents for lunch, ate a nice rare steak, went home, opened the meats to put them in my fridge and had some serious hunger pangs. I slapped the tenderloin on the cutting board and started cutting one inch thick slices of the tenderloin and throwing them into my mouth like I was feeding an alligator. I went through 350-400 g of it standing up. Raw. I feel like an animal but it was delicious.Should I be worried? I’m not financially well-off but not struggling either so I don’t mind the cost at the moment, but is eating this much meat daily bad for my health? Should I be concerned? For those with more experience, will my hunger finally taper off or is this my life now?



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2BRYKbi
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...